Subject: Re: [Leica] CDI reacted to its test results being published on the web
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 14:55:58 -0400

Pascal wrote:

> Just noticed that at www.photo.net the excellent lens test archives have
> been removed due to a demand from the French magazine Chasseur d'Images
> (http://www.cmpsolv.com/photozone/update.htm).

Pascal,

I noted same to the Lug the week it occurred, a month or so ago, and
nobody cared. I was/am very disappointed as the lens test archives were
fascinating. Why they were so important was the issue of consensus -- if
everyone said a lens was good or bad, there's a better chance that it,
in fact, was.

A great loss. (Good thing I made hard copies before they went off-line!)

Cheers,

David W. Almy
Annapolis, Maryland