Subject: Re: [Leica] The World at F1
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 06:02:40 +0000

At 12:03 PM 11/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:03 PM 10/8/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>

>>Hello LUGgers,
>>
>>I just read Erwin Puts article in the current issue of Phototechniques.
>>In it he has a very graphic example of the vignetting which can take
>>place at F1.  Nevertheless, further on, there is a "gallery" of photos
>>(wonderful photos--by Tina Manley, Dan Khong and others) all taken at F1,
>>with no vignetting.  How is vignetting avioded?  Erwin Puts mentions
>>something about the exposure, but it wasn't too clear to me.
>>
>>MK
>>

>Hi Mary,
>
>The vignetting is there if you look closely; however, this is not a problem
>for me.  It helps to direct attention to the center of the photograph.  In
>fact, if it were not there, I might add it in the darkroom!
>
>Leically,
>
>Tina

With the Noctilux, vignetting is always there at larger apertures and is
most pronounced at f1.  It tends to get less as you stop down and is hardly
noticeable at f2 and smaller.

In my photograph published in PT, I did a bit of cropping in the darkroom
and this would have given the impression that vignetting is not a problem.
In fact, it's all over the corners in every of my contact prints.

Dan Khong