Subject: [Leica] re B.D. Colen/TriX
From: Beoon@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:39:39 EDT

Your comments on the frustrations of getting a pile of unwanted color prints
from your local one hour are entirely valid.  However the flexiblity and
convenience of contact prints and your own printing for color neg. is readily
available within the Beseler RA-4AT chemistry and Kodak, Fuji, or Ilford RA-4
printing papers.  The RA4-AT chemistry allows ambient temperature (not
elevated!) and tray processing that is totally intuitive to what you know from
black and white work.  The print exposure times are similar, process times are
similar  and the ablity to pull your own color prints is endlessly satisfying.
Even the costs are similar to black and white! Simply ask your one hour place
to develop only.  I usually supply a sleeve for my negs.   The only negative
is learning to work the exposure itself and the developer in total darkness.
This takes about two prints to get over.  I have some user notes on the
process if anyone is interested.

Will Wright