Subject: [Leica] Venezia Ciao in December
From: thomas boehm <toboehm@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 08:08:26 -0700 (PDT)

hello leica-friends,

venice / venezia again - the LUG-discussions raised my appetite, help
please: i like to visit the amazing laguna-city after more than 15
years absence together with my wife, friends (and my leica) for a
weekend arround the 6th of december.

could some of the experienced venezia-visitors or our italian friends
give some advice about a nice hotel (**) in the city, places for nice
food & current art-exhibitions?

i've yet found the helpfull venice-info in the net (
http://www.veniceinfo.it/ ), but maybe some of you can reveal some
special places?

thanks and CIAO, thomas böhm, imst, austria

(PS: venezia is in my best remembrances also in photographic matters:
some BW-films and nice prints from my visit at sylvester 1982/83 - whe
arrived by train at 31th december afternoon, enjoying the last hours
of the old year in a restaurant and then at night on the piazza san
marco with hundreds/thousands of people having fun while the clock
moved to 24 h...; then dropping in in some bars for a few glasses
valpolicella or grappas, and walking through the more and more
sleeping city until the new year became visible in the
morning-light... some great photographs between 4 and 7 h... a very
magic time! no hotel: whe sleeped in the train on the way back to
austria....)