Subject: Re: [Leica] Seasoned professionals vs lacking taste......
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:34:05 EDT

Peter:

This has been a very rewarding day for me on the Lugger-net.  The first thing
this morning I spent quite a bit of time viewing Eric Welchs' beautiful and
creative gallery of photos at his site.  Each one told a story, not only with
content, but with LIGHT.

And then this afternoon I stumbled upon your posting "Seasoned professionals
vs lacking taste".    I have just completed viewing your photographs at your
website and I must say that I was equally impressed.    In my opinion Erics'
photos were a wonderful and creative expression of art and so were yours.  I
congratulate you in combining the most wonderful creation (the nude) with
nature in a manner that was eclectic, tasteful and creative.  I would love to
view the actual photographs so that I could fully appreciate and learn from
your expression of art.

Many times LUGGERS use music to get a point across.  Just today a LUGGER
stated that he didn't appreciate Haydn and Mozart.  Well, I prefer
Shostakovich, Schubert and Mahler   However, if I could compare yours and
Eric's photographs to composers, Erics would be Copland (another favorite) and
yours would be Satie (also another favorite).    Many thanks to both you and
Eric for the  beautiful expression of art.  Keep up the the fine work and let
us all know when more of your work is posted.

All taken with Leicas?

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC

't you "seasoned world class professionals" (i.e., stock
 shooters,
 >hack pros, well-heeled dabblers, etc.), take a look at my photos before
 you
 >tell me off. http://www.ravenvision.com/rvapeter.htm.

 Ah... Peter..... Were we supposed to be impressed with your nudes??????
 Why don't do you check out Ted's site, Donal's site, Harrison's site,
 Jim's site, Eric's site and many other very skilled photographers on this
 list I'm sure I'm forgetting and then apologize to the LUG for what
 you've asked us visit and the other insults you've decided to hurl.....