Subject: [Leica] Lenses to go with SL
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:21:56 -0700

I just picked up a Leicaflex SL and 50/2 Summicron. I held off buying a
Leica SLR for years, since I already have a fairly extensive Contax SLR
system. I finally ran across a Leicaflex SL -- priced low and in excellent
working condition -- that was just too tempting to ignore. The Summicron is
a bit newer (mid-80's with 55mm front filter.) I  want to get one wide and
one tele to add to the system. I'm looking for input on which lens to look
for between a  19, 24 or 28 in wide and something between a 90 and 180 in
tele, something preferably with close focus capability. I'd appreciate
input on vintage and models, regarding gems, sleepers, favorites and those
to avoid.  I've always ignored comments on R lenses in the past. Now that
I've got a body I'm trying to recall all those postings I've deleted.