Subject: Re: [Leica] Just a thought about the R8 motor-drive
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 1:01 +0100 (BST)

Dominique Pellissier writes:

> My opinion is that Leica Camera's attitude is not professional.
Whereas
> Nikon delights photographers with the F5 and its 8 f.p.s. motor,
Leica
> is
> unable to market a 4 f.p.s. motor two years after the R8
appearance.

And don't forget the tissue-thin excuses, like "it's difficult to fit
a 4 f.p.s. motor on a camera with a manual film wind lever". Which is
an odd claim, given the speed of an F3 and MD4 with NiCd batteries...

David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk
(+44) 171 917 6272