Subject: [Leica] Sharing images with the LUG, is nudity wrong???
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:49:36 -0500

I would like to make it clear that I think it's a good idea to share
images with the LUG and while I haven't gotten to look at everyone's site
yet, I've found it very worthwhile to do so.   I think the LUG as a whole
understands that we are all learning to be better photographers and most
of us, at least, believe we have areas where we would like to improve or
refine.

I think in Peter's case... he would have been better received and not
publicly criticized had he not started out by insulting the LUG.
In one sense I have nothing against tasteful artistic nudes,  (the sermon
starts here.....)

But it can easily be a starting point that gets people into pornography
and it often causes lustful feeling and desires that the Bible says are
wrong.  I am against pornography because of what it does to mens' minds
and the problems that often follow it with sexual child abuse, rape and
the damage that it causes to the relationship between husband and wife.
Virtually all sexual criminals have one thing in common, they were
addicted to some form of pornography....

Shock nudity for lack of a better term... is appreciated and applauded in
many art circles, but frankly I'm personally a bit offended by it.   I
realize my views are not held by everyone on the list and so as always,
we need to find some way to get along.

(Disclaimer:  comments or disagreements would probably be better served
off-line at this point)

There is room on the Lug for just about everyone (including Peter, if he
wants to take part) and we all have something we can share and something
we can learn.

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador