Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nekkid wimmen!
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@hpvclmn2.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:11:18 -0700

Dan Post wrote:

> Ansel Adams' comment that Westons nudes looked dead was
> just his opinion-

Ansel Adams said that?!  Heh.  Well, I seem to share his
opinion then, because the first thought that ran through my
mind on viewing Weston's nudes were that they looked cold
and lifeless.

Ansel Adams' photos have often been criticized in recent
times as being too technically perfect and without feeling,
whereas Weston has been held up as an artist where warmth,
emotion, and empathy come through in his photos.

Oddly enough, I see the reverse: I see and feel the beauty
in Adam's photos, whereas nearly all of Weston's leave me
cold.

- -Dave