Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W processing
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:34:24 EDT

 And you can add Tmax 3200 to your film list.  I shot and developed my first
roll this weekend and it is fabulous.  I used my M6, Noctilux lens and
developed in Xtol.  I really didn't need the power of the Noctilux as most of
the indoor photos were taken at 1/250.  Incredible.....I'm hooked!

I would never have trusted anyone else with my negatives.

Please take the time to process your own negatives.....especially with a
Leica.

Bob Bedwell

<<
 Francesco wrote:

 >For a neophyte like me to get started in B&W, should I begin with some
 of
 >the new C-41 print films like T400CN and just take them to my local
 print
 >lab, or should I buy some TMAX and take them to B&W specialty labs?  I
 >don't think I want to buy a book and some chemicals and start a mini
 >darkroom yet>>>>>>>

 I am another neophyte who began developing B&W film (after a break of over
 20 years) within the last month.  DO IT!!  I use TMAX 100 and 400 and Xtol
 developer and have been happier  with the results I obtained from the first
 roll on than 99% of what I have gotten from various labs.  It is not a big
 deal. You do not need a darkroom, just a changing bag and a convenient sink.
 While I am just at the start of the learning curve, getting satisfactory
 results is not difficult.  You need to be able to measure and count and most
 of us can handle that.

 I have found tremendous satisfaction in processing my own film from start to
 finish.  I much prefer B&W to color most of the time and, has been said many
 times on the LUG, with B&W tripping the shutter is just the first step in
 the process.

 It is a lot easier than it looks, at least to get a foot in the door.

 Steve