Subject: Re: [Leica] Jim Stanfield Article
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:53:42 -0500

At 10:08 AM 10/20/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings from another lurker,
>
>I found the article in the SF Examiner on Jim Stanfield. He does indicate that
>he uses N***ns. But he is not "hung up" on cameras. Even though alot of the

Jim has always used Nikons. But he used Leica SLRs for years. No M's. He
doesn't like rangefinders. Precise composition not being possible.

But he was forced to give up Leica SLRs because the R4s were breaking five
at a time. He's pretty tough on cameras. I bet if Leica would give him an
R8, he just might come back. Before he quit Leica, his words to me: "Eric,
don't give up Leica. Their lenses have a brilliance no other lenses have."
This from the guy Bob Gilka said was the best technician at National
Geographic.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence...