Subject: Re: [Leica] B & W again......
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 06:19:02 +0000

At 09:14 AM 20/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>For a neophyte like me to get started in B&W, should I begin with
>some of the new C-41 print films like T400CN and just take them to
>my local print lab, or should I buy some TMAX and take them to
>B&W specialty labs?  I don't think I want to buy a book and some
>chemicals and start a mini darkroom yet....
>
>Francesco

Francesco,

I would advice using the TMax if you can find a good lab.  Somehow, I still
prefer the longevity of the 'traditional' silver granules compared to the
chromogenic stuff.

Most labs are so so and may not be able to handle TMax like the way that
you can DIY.

Eventually, if you are keen on B&W, there is nothing like doing the film
processing yourself.  You can learn to do it in 1 hour and best shown how
to by a friend the first time.

Dan K.