Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 for Brian
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:37:48 EDT

<<

Any comments or ideas on a] the desirability/need  of this and b] the

machinery for doing it?

I'm not looking for work  or fortune, just trying to be helpful in ensuring

that Brian is not out of pocket on this marvellous resource which he

provides, and also as a concrete way of saying thank you.

Dear all,
	I would like to join James Harper in offering my services. I too think that
it would be wonderful if we as a group rewarded Brian for all his work, to say
nothing of expense, in starting and supporting the LUG.  I would like to
suggest that instead of sending Brian money, which could be embarrassing, we
instead buy him an M6 ouselves.  I would be happy to coordinate such an effort
in the US.  I don't know the exact mechanism for doing this-special bank
account?  I realize none of you really know me, but I am honest and
trustworthy and certainly would not do anything to jeopardize my good standing
on the LUG.  I'm sure something can be set up to protect everyone involved.
Any bankers out there? If there is enough interest in this, Ted suggested
contacting Leica to see if they might be willing to sell us a camera at a
better price-I think that's worth a try.
	Brian, I hope you are taking all of this in the spirit it is intended.  We
are very appreciative of everything you have done for us.  I feel that you
have created what almost amounts to a family out of a group of total strangers
from all over the world.  THANK YOU!!  Now if we can only get your address...

	Richard Wasserman