Subject: Re: [Leica] Newest Summicron-M 50mm lens flare
From: Rick Floyd <rick_floyd@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:08:17 -0400

Mike:

<<I bought a Summicron-M 50mm new last year to go with my M6 and find it
is far
more prone to flare than any of my older lenses. >>

I'm very surprised to hear this.  I'm by no means a lens tester, but I
have been surprised by the LACK of FLARE in my 50mm Summicron-M.  It is
far superior to the Canon lenses I have used.  This past summer the
family went to Niagra Falls and I shot several rolls of "Happy Snaps"
into the sun and mist of the falls expecting to see alot of flare -
there was very little to none.

Don't know what this means to you/your situation, but I just haven't
seen it with this lens.

Rick