Subject: [Leica] Focusing Older Sumicron 90
From: "Khoffberg" <khoffberg@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:44:34 -0700

I'm new to LUG and have enjoyed reading your various missives.  Here's my
question.

I have an older screw mount Sumicron 90 which I inherited from my
grandfather.  I use it on my M3 and M6 with an adapter ring.  I've noticed
that when you try to focus at infinity that the images don't quite line up
in the range finder - you can't get them all the way there even though the
hyperfocal scale says infinity.  Any thoughts? Is it possible that the extra
thickness of the adapter ring is causing the problem?  If so, wouldn't the
same problem hold true at all other distances?

My test slides under a 10x loupe look sharp at various distances but I'm not
sure if that's just a function of being stopped down and depth of field (the
test I just did was at f16.  It didn't occur to me to try other f stops).

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Hoffberg
(925) 942-2772
Visit our website at www.inseon.com