Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic: A photo
From: drbledsoe <drbledsoe@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 06:24:41 -0700 (PDT)

- ---Vondauster@aol.com wrote:
>>I feel the current G1 and Planar for $1K deal warrants consideration
over some of the various alternatives discussed today.<<

Will,

I suppose this is a continuation of off topic but what the heck.  Some
good things simply must be reported on.

I haven't been able to view your images yet because either your server
or mine is going dead slow.  But I  have similar comments about a
Contax 35/2.8 Distagon mounted to an inexpensive Yashica 109 SLR.  The
slides I get with that combo are typically incredible.  I liked the
35/2.8 Distagon so much that I **GASP!!!** dumped my 35 Summicron-R in
its favor.  I intend to marry the Distagon to a Contax Aria here
shortly and then it will be on to a Contax 18mm f/4 Distagon.

A brand new Contax Aria and a 35/2.8 Distagon can be had for slightly
less than $1k also.  Or, the 35/2.8 Distagon and a Yashica 109 for
just under $500.  The image quality from the latter combo will amaze
even the most ardent "Leicistas" among us.

Back on topic...

But I will never give up my Leica M or R cameras.

donb