Subject: Re: [Leica] An Invitation to Join
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:52:13 -0300

MarK:

Is it true that your newsletter is printed in my hometown, Halifax, Nova
Scotia? I bought my first SLR when I was in High School and it was a Rollei
SL35m.  The camera was junk, but I had the 50mm planar, 135mm Tele-tessar,
and 200mm Tele-tessar, all of which were great lenses.  I bought them in
the late seventies or early eighties around the demise of Rollei's
popularity.  The dealer practically gave me the lenses.

Now on topic,  I bought a Leica screw mount kit from a neighbor a year
later, and stupidly traded it for a new Rollei SL35e.  It consisted of a
Model IIIc, 50mm elmar,90mm F4, Tower leica clone, and a nikon 50 as well.
When I bought an M4 about a year ago, I did it because I remembered
carrying this IIIc around school, stuffed in my pocket and loaded with
Tri-x.  It was a very convenient camera and took good pictures.  I probably
should have kept it as the SL35E turned out to be junk as well, but not as
bad as the SL35m.

Regards,

Robert