Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport X-RAY report
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 09:57:44 -0700

Thanks Bill for bringing this up again. Six months ago, we had this very
discussion. The conclusion was that under no circumstances should you ever
put film in your checked-in luggage. I managed to get my film hand
inspected in SFO, London, and Amsterdam just last month. With a little
forethought, it can be done, although the carry-on x-ray machines don't
seem to bother film under ISO 1000. The BJP had a big article on the
checked-in luggage machines, last spring.

Jim