Subject: [Leica] New Leica Book - Leica Gallery, NYC
From: LeicaPhoto@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 16:51:55 EDT

We are happy to announce that we have a very limited quantity (approximately
10 copies for now) of Ralf A. Niggemann's new book: "The New Building:
Wetzlar, Ernst-leitz-Strasse 30 - A Photographic Obituary." This is a
hardbound book, approximately 9x10" published in Germany, with 56 images of
the new Leitz buildings in Wetzlar, erected in 1957 - using the ideas of
Ludwig Leitz -  that, like the Leica camera, combined elements of both
function and beauty. The architectural photographs are wonderful. These
buildings were vacated by Leica in 1995, and after a renovation is completed,
the buildings will house Wetzlar's minicipal administration. The photographs
were taken before the renovation started. Niggemann, who is with Leica
Microsystems in Wetzlar, completed the German edition of the book in November
1996. When we were at Leica in August, we met with him and he agreed to
produce a separate English translation supplement, with matching picture of
the hard-cover book. The supplement is 8 pages and fits into the book
perfectly. Both the book and the supplement are signed by the author. The
price for the book, with the matching English supplement is $45. Shipping
anywhere in the continental U.S. via U.P.S. is $5. and free with the purchase
are copies of Leica Magic Moments as well as the hardbound "E. Leitz, Inc. New
York" by Emil Keller (signed by Keller). Additionally, we have "75 Years of
Leica Photography," (our best seller) hardbound, for $60.; the "Leica Legend"
CD for Mac and PC for $95;  "Leica R. Compendium" by Jonathan Eastland,
hardbound on special for $39.95; and finally, a few copies of Alfred
Eisenstaedt's monumental "Witness to Our Time." This is an oversized hardbound
out-of-print and hard-tack-and-white images and 343 pages. These are in very
good used condition and we have approximately 4 copies without dust jackets at
$80 and one with dustjacket at $100. For any total purchase of $100. or more,
there is no $5. shipping fee and, of course, you still get Magic Moments and
Keller's book on Leitz, NYC . Thursday, October 29th, Leica Gallery has the
reception for Grace Robertson"s "British Photography in the Fifties." Ms.
Robertson will be there (from 5 t0 8 PM) and the show runs through December 5.
In the Oskar Barnack Room we have Erich Lessing (Magnum) "Vintage Photographs
from the Hungarian Revolution. On November 12, Brian Bower will be at Leica
Gallery signing his books: Leica Reflex; Leica M; and his new book on Leica
Lenses. All of them will be available signed by him after that date. Hope to
see LUG members at Grace Robertson's exhibition and at the Brian Bower day.
You can reach us Tuesday - Friday 11 to 6 and Saturday 12 to 6. Telephone
212-777-3051 / fax (24 hour) 212-777-6960. We take VISA, MC, and AMEX.  For
orders include full address, telephone number including zip code of your
credit card billing address. Regards, Rose and Jay Deutsch, Leica Gallery, 670
Broadway, NYC 10012.