Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport X-RAY report
From: "Bill Christensen" <kangwei@interaccess.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 06:54:58 -0600

At O'Hare in Chicago, one trick the bad guys pull is to wait for someone to
first put a bag through the X-ray machine.  If the passenger is then stopped
by security after walking through the human "x-ray", the bag can easily be
lifted as the person turns around to walk through the machine again or is
searched with a handheld detector.  News reports have cautioned people to
keep their eyes on the x-rayed bags at all times and put anything (keys
etc.) in the plastic holders before walking through the human detector the
first time.  Also, I carry my cameras in an ordinary looking backpack that
is more likely to contain dirty clothes than Leicas.

Bill Christensen