Subject: Re: [Leica] [long]My first M: notes & questions
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 10:42:48 -0800

You need the whole package. Tom's release AND Tom's winder. Forget that
thumb lever thingie on the top of the camera, except for the very first
wind when loading new film. I actually use my Fred Ward soft release rather
than Tom's because it is much smaller and thinner. But I used Tom's for the
most of my Europe trip in September and have not a single complaint.

Jim

PS... once you use Tom's winder, it's like a microwave, you cannot imagine
how you ever got along without it.