Subject: Re: [Leica] Did I really see a Luftwaffe M2 today?
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 23:40:31 +0100

Mike,

In Lager Volume I, Cameras
on page 157 there is a grey finished M2 Nr 1005756 (picture in color)
and on page 201 the Nr 1005766.(B&W)
In Nakamura Leica Collection there is the Nr 1005759 (color).
All of them have a 35/50/90/135 bright line frames and lack self timer.
Only the cover, base plate, hot shoe and vulcanite are grey.
All the levers, knobs, dials and lugs are chrome.
According to Lager:
20 M2's (1005751-1005770) factory designated "Luftwaffe-grau"
(air force grey) were prepared in 1960 for an agency of the
United states government.

I think this grey M2 may be a fake.

Lucien