Subject: Re: [Leica] m6 metering question, cont.
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 16:31:33 -0700

Tom, I'm not sure I was the person wuo responded to your question. But what
you wrote made me curious, so I got out my M6 and experimented. Sitting here
in my office--with rather low illumination--I got a flashing arrow on the
left ("more") at i/15 at f16. One more stop stopped the flashing. Six stops
gave a "correct esposure" reading. I cannot find a condition where my meter
"says" less when it needs more. I also note that the frequency of the
flashing is faster with a greater need for light. I cannot obtain a flashing
right arrow, even by holding the lens near a bright light with a one second,
f2.0 setting. I have never encountered a situation where I could not get an
accurate reading with my camera's meter. I don't know wehat the threshold
is, but it must be rather low. I'm sure there is someone on this group who
knows. The threshold value is probably in the tiny booklet that comes with
the camera. The best way to find out what your camera does is to take a lot
of pictures in a variety of conditions and see what you get. Happy shooting,
Joe Stephenson.