Subject: [Leica] darkroom update
From: "Francesco (Glossymedia)" <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:41:09 -0800

A little update.

I have successfully developed my first E-6 AND B&W films now.
I'm so happy.....my first tries at developing went well.

My first E-6 film, a roll of Astia, came out about 1/3 stop
underexposed, and I don't know if it was a metering error,
or if I was off on a developer timing.  Other than that, it was
very sharp, clear, and the process went smoothly.  Took me
a while though.......about 1.5 hours to do it all.

My first B&W film, a roll of TMax 400, came out BEAUTIFULLY.
No flaws whatsoever.  After learning from my mistakes on the E-6
film, I paid more attention to details with the TMax and got very clear
and sharp negatives in about 45 minutes (incuding mixing chems., etc.).
I used HC-110 Dilution B at about 5.5 minutes at 24C and got perfectly
exposed negs.  I am amazed with the lack of grain for a 400 speed film.
I can't wait to try pushing TMY to 800!

Next project.......contact prints!

Francesco