Subject: Re: [Leica] Minilux Question
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 18:13:15 -0600

steve wrote:

> The elph junior has a 2.8 lens that is quite sharp. I wish there was an 800
> iso film for aps.

IMHO the Olympus Stylus Epic / MJU II is from far the best buy.

<http://www.olympus.com/camera/stylus/stylusepic.html>

Lucien
<<<<<<<<<<

I'll second that. The lens is surprisingly sharp in the center, a bit less
so at the edges. And at f/2.8, plenty useable without flash. The spot
option allows metering and focusing on fairly precise spots. It's water
resistant. Fits in a pocket. And at less than $100 in the US, it's a
bargain.

Every time I start to consider the titanium pocketables (which is about
every time I see them in the display case), I come back to Stylus.

On a related matter: Doesn't the Z2X have essentially the same lens (albeit
about a 1/3 stop slower) and capabilities as the the Minilux zoom? Just a
bit bigger, no hot shoe, and 1/3 the price. It strikes me as the quality
bargain among point-&-shoot zooms.

Larry