Subject: [Leica] Garage sales
From: Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@cedep.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:39:00 -0500 (EST)

Bonsoir a tous,

  Well, my garage sale season is finally over, here in Quebec.  Only one
notable find this year: a 25mm f4 Olympus pen lens at 5 can. dollars.

 Three years ago I did stumble across an amazing collectible (not Leica
related): a 1944-45 game used Glen Harmon s hockey stick signed by the whole
Montreal Canadiens team.  Hockey buffs are drooling by now.  Stick
(authenticated by the McCord museum) is signed by Maurice Rocket Richard,
Toe Blake, Elmer (yes Elmer!) Lach, Bill Durnan, Dick Irvin etc, etc.  The
buying price was too low to mention. Translation for our American friends
:^) : a 1944-45 game used Joltin Joe baseball bat signed by the whole
Yankees team.

  So I was thinking about garage sales last night and wondering, has any
lugger ever come across a true Leica bargain at such sales?  I don t know
about all luggers, but I d be one interested to read about great finds at
yard sales on the LUG.

Anyone?

Regards,

Robert (Un chevalier sans blason).