Subject: Re: [Leica] Garage sales
From: Michael Bell <mbell@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:21:57 -0600

Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@cedep.com> writes:
>  So I was thinking about garage sales last night and wondering, has any
>lugger ever come across a true Leica bargain at such sales?  I don t know
>about all luggers, but I d be one interested to read about great finds at
>yard sales on the LUG.

I got my M3 and dual range Summicron (sans goggles) at a garage sale.  The
camera and lens are definitely in user condition, but at $375, I'd say I
got a bargain.  This was in 1993 if I remember correctly.  At the time that
was a huge amount of money to me (it is still not chump change), but I
could not miss out on a deal like that.  I had to have DAG clean out the
rangefinder for it to work properly, but otherwise the camera works fine.

At the same sale there was also a IIIf (I think) with a lens or two and a
variety of non-Leica photographic equipment.  I sure wish I had more to
spend at the time.

At an estate sale I happened across an empty Leica everready case that was
sitting amongst various 16mm film equipment.  I can only imagine what I
missed.

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu