Subject: Re: [Leica] Use 135mm Anymore?
From: "Bill Butz" <bbutz@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:05:37 -0800

Hi Andrew
      I use my 135 mm Elmar on my M3 and IIIf all the time. It is a great
portrait lens as it gives a tight shot. I have the following setup.
              The Elmar in a M mount. The mount has the lens serial number
in it and I think this was done at the factory. I keep the 135 in a small
shoulder bag and it very easy to hand hold.
             The Elmar in a short mount 14071. This can be used with the
Viso I and IIIf or with the Viso II and OUBIO extension tube and M3.
              The lens head of the 135mm fits on both bellows I and II and
makes a great copying setup. I shoot with Tech Pan and I find this lens very
sharp.
              I believe that the Elmar and the Hector are slightly different
focal lengths. My Elmar stuff is all marked 55 indicating 135.5 mm. I do not
know if the Hector needs factory adjustment for the focusing mount. If you
are using it on the Viso this would not make a difference. Regards Bill