Subject: [Leica] Xray machines
From: Alex Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:53:44 +0000

>Hi All,
>
>Just my .02 on travel and film inspection.

My favourite film inspection was leaving Mexico earlier this year with film
but no camera gear (stolen in Mexico City sob sob).
I presented a lead bag full of 35mm cassettes to a security guard who turned
it over in his hands and frowned at it as if it was a dead cat. He then
smelt it carefully, smiled and handed it back to me without even looking inside.

If only all airports had friendly sniffer humans! I believe that security at
British airports will now do hand inspections on demand after years of
absolutely not allowing it, for whatever daft reasons (see Gore Vidal's
comments on airport security and personal rights in the recent Vanity Fair).

(BTW, If you drop film and distort the latent image, just presoak in a 1:1
solution of Sharpo Focussing Powder)

Alex