Subject: [Leica] Re: R7 height (was: Re: M6TTL and M7 Clues)
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:08:14 -700

On 28 Oct 98, Doug Herr wrote, at least in part:

> If the R7 and R6.2 are placed on a table, the R7's lens mount is higher
> than the R6.2's.  Removing an earlier R's bottom plate also reveals no
> space for the added battery(ies).  The R7's added height is on the bottom;
> the M6TTL's added height is on the top.

Again, interesting. I never had the two side by side to observe.
Just looking at them, in the literature, it appears that the height
is added at the top, appearance wise. (Darn - while waiting for
our new house to be completed, I'm w/o all my literature. It's in
storage and I don't own an R7.)

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org