Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:06:38 -0600

Dave Myers wrote:

>Mine is
> a Tele-Elmarit (Leitz Canada) SN 2344xxx.  Fat, thin, or original?  And
> what year.

Dave -

I don't have any serial number lists, but I did buy a Leitz Canada 90mm
Tele-Elmarit new in about 1970 or 71 with serial number 2489xxx.  It was
the "fat" model, although at the time it was considered quite petite as
compared to the prior model 90mm.  It got slimmed down years later
(don't have the date, but I'm sure it's available somewhere on the Net,
perhaps on Erwin's site), although both the fat and thin models used
39mm filters and the same clip on lens hood.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kip