Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:32:29 EST

My chrome 1964 "fat" Tele-Elmarit's lens head is *most definitely*
removable.  I have it in front of me, focussing mount in one hand and
entire lens head assembly in the other. There are no setscrews anywhere
to be seen to indicate that it was meant to be permanently affixed, and
this lens was definitely made long before Leica began assembling lenses
with thread-locking compound.  The threading, however, is different from
that on the 135 Elmar or Tele-Elmar, both in diameter and pitch.  This is
quite curious.  The lens has functioned flawlessly for ages.  I wonder if
it may have been Leica's intention to produce a dedicated Viso mount for
this lens but never did so and thus did not publicise the removability of
the head.  So curious!

Regards,
Nigel

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:39:57 -0500 Marc James Small
<msmall@roanoke.infi.net> writes:
>The 16464/OTRPO is the adapter used to fit the 2.8/90 Elmarit to the
>Viso
>II, IIa, or III.  The lens head on the Tele-Elmarit, either version,
>and on
>the current Elmarit-M, is not removeable.
>
>Marc
>

>msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]