Subject: [Leica] SHARPO: The Answer to Leica's P&S Embarrasments
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:43:06 -0500

At 01:57 PM 1998-10-29 -0000, you wrote:
>Marc,
>They may be embarrassing to some but I was staggered after returning with
>pictures from a recent weekend in Oporto with my wife. I'd taken my CLE
>(small and auto-exposure) with a couple of the M-Rokkor lenses, my wife had
>taken her Leica Minizoom.

Jem

Trust me on this one, old son.  Apply a couple of coats of SHARPO to the
front surface of your lens.  Hell, open the camera right before you expose
the shot and apply a swab or two of SHARPO to the film.  Double Hell, let's
go all the way:  drink the stuff.  Put it on your shoes.  Dab some on your
hair.  Pour it on your roses.

You'll feel better and younger.  You will no longer care that your wife is
capable of taking better pictures than you can.  You will like yourself
more.  Your Attention Deficit Disorder and Chronic Stress Syndrome will
disappear.  Your children will talk to you again.  Your dog will quit
urinating on your shoes.  Strangers will stop you on the street to hand you
large wads of oddly coloured currency (or whatever is passing for money in
the UK these days).  You will never be stopped by a red light again.
Potholes will be filled before your wheels.  Your car will actually run (in
any event, it will run if you are driving a non-British car -- miracles,
after all, only go so far!)  You will be able to finish the Times
Cross-Word in less than five weeks and without cheating.

You will be able to eat well and hearty and not gain weight.  Your hair
will turn brown or blonde or green or whatever it used to be.  It will all
grow back.  You will look like a fifteen-year-old Adonis and will have the
sagacity of a wise old owl.  Women will chase, young women, beautiful young
women.  Your wife, if you share with her your SHARPO, will be able to fend
them off, but only by the application of repeatedly hitting them with her
umbrella.

You will finally be popular.

Guaranteed, son.  :Money back.  Says so on the can.  They wouldn't lie,
would they?

TM and REG and all that legal stuff, as well.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!