Subject: [Leica] 135 APO M/Nathan Wajsman
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:57:07 EST

Nathan, may I ask, have you used the 135 f3.4 APO at f3.4 with a 0.72x
- -viewfinder camera?  The Leica literature all said that the reason for
the "goggles" on the 135 f2.8 Elmarit was because that was required to
get accurate focussing due to the lack of DOF at f2.8 (although I have
always suspected that it was partly because it was a photojournalist lens
and at the time it was introduced the PJ's favoured the M2 which did not
have a 135 frame-line).

Since the 3.4 is between the f4 and f2.8  I am wondering if it is
*necessary* to use an M6HM or M3 to focus it sharply at f3.4, or if a
standard M6 is adequate.

Thank you kindly.

Nigel

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]