Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HCB vs. modern lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 20:00:13 -0500

At 04:27 PM 1998-10-29 -0800, Jim Brick, Quizzical Cuss, noted:
>As lenses got sharper, Zeiss invented the Softar.

That actually is what happened.  Subjects got nervous when they began to
appear, "warts and all", as they actually looked.  So, soft-focus filters
came out.

No biggie, but, then, when I do a professional shoot, my clients understand
up front that they are damned lucky to get pictures at all, and quality be
damned:  just be happy at what you get!

And they pay me accordingly ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315