Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic B & H photo
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:04:30 -0600

>I cannot say whether or not it's ethical, but rest assured it is most
>certainly legal. We would not tempt fate by attempting any proacticew which
>would jeopardize our ability to conduct business or to accept a customer's
>credit card."

I believe it is quite illegal to hold an order more than 30 days after
charging a credit card. At least in Mail Order. This may be one useful bit
of info. we can glean from Pop Photo. :-) They have a section on mail order
in each issue. Anybody got a copy?
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English...no human being has been reported to have learned
dolphinese.

Carl Sagan