Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 20:06:17 EST

SP:

The closest distance that my Noctilux lists on the barrell is 3.3 Ft.
Something at exactly 3 Ft would definitely be out of focus at F1.0.  In fact
it is impossible to calculate the exact DOF @3.3 Ft using the DOF scale on the
lense.  It is fractions of inches.  I would suggest that you set up a test to
determine what the exact DOF is and to relate it to you camera rangefinder.

Please don't hesitate using the Nocto at apertures larger that F1.0.   It is a
killer lense.  Enjoy.

Bob Bedwell

<<  bought a used, mint Noctilux last week, latest 1.0 version, and ran a
 roll of Koday Royal Gold 400 through it this week The subject was 3 feet
 from me and all of the pictures of same were blurry. If this was not due
 to incorrect focusing in the M6 viewfinder, was this because I am
 unaware of the true minimum focusing distance at f 1.0? IOW, what is the
 true minimum and maximum depth of field allowance at f 1.0? Thanks!