Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:M^ TTL and M7 clues
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 22:53:31 -0600

>But then again, I have a customer who recently adopted a minimalist approach,
>using an M6, 35, 50 and 90 and high speed B&W, no flash for a
>"photojournalistic" style to shoot weddings and Bar Mitzvahs.  He charges
>$8,000 a job for this, and is having to turn away customers.  Unbelievable!

There was a photographer in Pittsburgh who did corporate head shots after
being laid off when the Pittsburgh Press folded. He was charging something
like $500 per headshot. Not much business. When he raised his prices to
$800, he got overwhelming business. People expect to pay more for quality,
so if you underprice yourself, you might be losing out on the "best" customers.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Capt'n! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse