Subject: Re: [Leica] Tourists using Leicas
From: Dave Richards <dprichards@uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 06:28:25 -0700

At 01:08 PM 10/30/98 -0600, you wrote:
>  I just spent a month traveling around Greece, during which time I saw
>several thousand tourists. LUGgers might find my unscientific survey
>interesting.

I had a similar experience this summer.  My wife and I spend a week in
Rhodes, several days in Santorini and two days in Athens and saw no one
else with a Leica.  Mainly point and shoots and a few high-end SLRs from
Nikon and Canon.

Given the large numbers of German tourists that travel to Greece each year
I expected to see Leicas everywhere.  Not so.

Dave