Subject: [Leica] Re: 50/1:2 Summitar and 50/1:2 Summar
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 13:36:53 -0500

I have a Summitar that is used frequently. It is nearly as good as the
collapsible Summicron which followed it.

I recommend for your IIIa or IIIc a Red Scale Elmar. This lens is small,
light and optically excellent.

Cheers!

kw

>I'm toying with the idea of getting a IIIa or IIIc.  Can anyone comment
>on the optical properties of the 5cm Summitar?  I would also like to
>hear comments on the 5cm Summar.
>

>Regards,
>
>M.
>
>--
>Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
>Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
>SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
>Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>