Subject: [Leica] B&W revisited
From: "Derek Zeanah" <derek@thedkgallery.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 06:49:43 -0500

My new Leica has turned me back on to photography.  I generally shoot HP5+ and Delta 100 and develop in Microphen (I push a lot) and Ilfosol-S.  But it's tom to do some serious testing of films/developers, and I was hoping y'all would give me your favorite combinations so I can put them on the list.

What's the best B&W film for recording detail?  Anyone particularly prefer T-MAX to Delta?  With what developers?  I was looking at HP-5+ negs last night, and while I like the images, I'd like something that captures more detail and shows less grain.  I mean, I've got these wonderful lenses, right?  <g>

What's your favorite combo for push-processing?  I generally use HP5+ in Microphen which gives "acceptable" results (comparable to TMZ in Accufine or Rodinal), but would live something with tighter grain.  Suggestions?

Thanks all.