Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digilux : SmartMedia cards
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 21:14:36 +0100

On 04-11-1998 19:01 richard.setchim@uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

><<Unfortunately however, the Digilux does not appear to take the latest 16
>MB smartmedia cards>>
>
>This surprises me as I have succesfully used 16mB SmartMedia cards (from
>both Fujifilm and Olympus) in my MX700 - on which the Digilux is based.

Richard,

I looked it up as it intrigued me. In the brochure on the Digilux it is
said that the camera takes 3.3 V/5 V (2-8 MB) smartmedia cards. So there
seems to be a difference with the Fuji MX 700. What does the Fuji manual
say on the topic?

Furthermore, in a recent test in the German ColorFoto the Digilux makes
much less video noise (that is colored pixels in shadow areas) than the
Fuji MX 700 although they are both supposed to be built on the same
lines. The Digilux clearly has the advantage in image quality over the
Fuji.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !