Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: An unpleasant print mention
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@hpvclmn2.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 13:35:25 -0800

B. D. Colen wrote:

> While the collectors on the list won't like the tone, the
> points are very well taken...

I certainly agree with his point on commemorative
Leicas.

Otherwise, I think he misses the mark; the small time
individual collector makes hardly a ripple in Leica
prices compared to houses who specialize in snatching
up mint Leicas, where they will be displayed by the
hundreds on large tables and never will be used.

Also, I don't think his $300 is a reasonable price.
Given the quality of a Leica and its lenses, $300 is
too low, regardless of collectors.

- -Dave (owner and user of three Leica M's)