Subject: Re: [Leica] KRAPOLLA
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:12:49 -0800

> >>Ladies and gentlemen, if you require flash for your pictures, please go
> buy
> > a Canon sure shot, as they work perfectly well! :) Well OK, one of the
> > insta-Leica point and shooters! :)

I don't use a flash very often, but it is an indispensable tool at times.
On a couple of the Coast Guard helicopter flights I have used a flash with
a 35mm Summicron to illuminate the dark cockpit panel and balance it with
the bright light out the front windshield. It also gave me extra depth of
field to have both the panel and the distant mountains looking sharp.

I did warn the pilots ahead of time before the flash. Seemed like the
courteous thing to do.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger