Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder & batteries
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 21:34:22 +0100

On 06-11-1998 01:38 Eric Welch wrote:

>>Simply put: an
>>R8 wouldn't have meant a major difference compared to his manual focus
>>Hasselblad equipment. The Nikon F5 with the Zoom-Nikkor 20-35 AF IF-ED
>>fulfilled the contract...
>
>Another person overcome by marketing hype. Why in the world does he need 4
>fps as a wedding photographer? I've heard of quickies before, but this is
>ridiculous! I do believe a motor would make the R8 more attractive, I want
>one too.

Eric:

this is not what I meant - it was not so much the lack of motordrive that
put him off, as the complete lack of any automated autofocus functions of
some sort. In my posting I made it clear that the lack of motor came
after the lack of AF. So I don't think this person was influenced by
marketing hype as his decision was not based on the absence of motordrive.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !