Subject: Re: [Leica] Expensive Leicas and collectors
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 22:20:20 -0600

> (But there's
>no 50f1 R or 75f1.4 R, are there? too many
>r's...)

The 80 Summilux is supposed to be very similar to the 75 Summilux
optically. I've seen a lot of photos taken with that lens, it's superb. My
75 Summilux is a keeper.

 The 35 Summilux R is darn close in many ways to the 35 Summilux ASPH in
performance, except some vignetting wide open. There is no 50 Noctilux R
because it would be too hard to focus properly. That's my bet on Leica's
reason.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Stay alert - you can observe a lot by watching. Yogi Berra