Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-Elmar
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 09:26:52 +0100

I had the chance to try this lens at a camera shop in Bonn in September,
mounted on my M6. Turning the "zooming" ring felt strange, the lens did
not feel as firm and perfect as other Leica lenses. Also, sometimes the
correct framelines were not engaged on the first attempt. As for image
quality, even Leica admits that the Tri-Elmar does not achieve the same
quality as the prime lenses, particularly at the 28mm setting. And
finally, you have the not-so-wide-open maximum aperture of f4. I think
that the Tri-Elmar is an awesome engineering achievement, but I doubt
that Leica will ever recoup its investment in developing it.

Nathan

Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com wrote:

> Does anyone here know anything about the Tri-Elmar-M ASPH Lens?
>
> RM

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium