Subject: Re: [Leica] R7/6 brochure vs. R8 brochure lens selection
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 10:32:31 +0100

I posted this earlier just before the digest went quiet for a few days.
Thought I'd see if I could get a response. I wrote: I got a hold of some R6
and R7 brochures and compared the lens selection to the new R8 brochure.
Leica seems to be trimming down on its glass selection. No more 21, 35PC,
180 f4 to name but a few. Of course the whole Telyt system's been redone.
Any reason for this streamlining?

>JG

The reason is quite clear :all these lenses have an old design and are
superseded by new lenses (21 by 19, 35 by 28 PC, 4/180 by 2 or 2.8 or even
4/80-200).
There is one lens I'm sorry for the disappearance : the elmarit 90. I have
one and it is a great versatile lens.

Dominique Pellissier