Subject: Re: [Leica] Print Film/Etc.
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 16:19:55 -0500

Eric Welch,

>>I don't find that lens ( Canon's 70-200 2.8L )<<
>>anywhere near the equal of the Leica 70-180<<

I'm not saying the Canon lens is better; I'm only
trying to say ( my samples were from 180 mm
settings ) that the Canon slides were quite good.
Just not as far apart as "anywhere near the equal".

Anyway, I've left all the testing behind & have been
shooting "up a storm" this year. Now, I'm trying to
sort out all my candidates for enlargements.

My R7s have worked flawlessly ever since I
bought them, "knock on wood"; my R8 replace-
ments have been steadfast. One R8 winder
has been a little errant ;-)!

Looking forward to trying the new Delta 3200
& the Ektachrome E100VS. Really like to see
Leica produce a R-90 f2 apo lens.

Tom D.