Subject: Re: [Leica] R focusing ring
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 13:11:22 +0100

On 06-11-1998 14:56 Eric Welch wrote:

>My 70-180 2.8 has it, and I like them. Though as Ted points out, it would
>be nice if zoom and focus rings had different textures. I'm sure it's
>something Leica could easily replace. I was able to replace the rubber ring
>on my 35 Summilux R myself.

On different textures, I discussed this point at Solms. From the response
I got ("it's a question of getting used to") I could gather that they do
not intend to change that. Just look at the new Elmarit-R 35-70/2.8 ASPH,
it also has two identical rubber textures for zooming and focusing
(unlike Nikon). But you get indeed used to it after some time.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch